Earthwork excavation for PCC :
- Check all Earth work excavation for trenches, footings, underground tanks, retaining walls, lift walls etc. exactly to match the required dimensions specified in structural drawings.
- Check the bottom level before starting concrete works.
- Keep ready all tools and materials required for PCC. If required, use shuttering otherwise concrete to be done for full width of excavation.
- Take necessary precautions and safety measures, while removing loose earth, filled earth, and slushy soil in order to avoid sudden collapse of huge earth.
- Safety supervisors must monitoring these activities of removing earth, filling in pans, taking out from excavation area and stacking in safe location.
- Remove all loose earth from foundation pits before placing of PCC.
- Take care to sprinkle water and ram in foundation pit before placing concrete.
Segregation of Concrete :
- Care should be taken while using RMC directly into the excavation pit, Check height off fall of concrete into the pit.
- Height should not be more than 1 m. For deeper footings, use chute of longer length and adjust the height, so that the concrete falling into the pit is within 1 m depth. By this we can control segregation of concrete
Compaction, levelling and finishing :
- Compaction of PCC. should be properly done to get smooth even levelling course and finishing.
- Loose coarse aggregate can be picked up from the surface.
- Finally check the top level of concrete with Dumpy level.
- While doing Concrete works for inside building and for floor PCC, the earth surface should be well compacted, in such a way that it satisfy the compact test results (By achieving 95% of Proctor density with respect to the natural soil).
- Anti-termite treatment to be done as per specifications and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Giving Broom finishing for top surface of Concrete is highly advisable for good bondage for further works like footing concrete, retaining wall concreting or CM for flooring works.
- Calibrated instruments : Measuring tape and levelling instruments
- Records : Measurement book, Pour card.