Work Procedure for Exterior Paints
Exterior primer :
- The wall for which painting to be done, should be thoroughly scrapped with sand paper before painting.
- The application of painting is done using sprayer or by hard brushes for external application.
First Coat & Second Coat :
- Firstly, one stroke of brush or roller starting from downwards is applied and then another from bottom upwards over the first one.
- Likewise one stroke from right and other from the left over the left, before the first one dries. By doing this brush marks can be avoid.
- Crack fill : After the application of first coat, the cracks and holes appeared on wall surface, is to be filled with crack fill paste.
- Two coats of applications are required over the plastered surface.
- Second coat application should be done only after completion of first coat by at least 10 hours.
- Curing is required for walls for a at least a period of 1 day.
Colour Wash :
- If colour wash is required for wall surface, minimum 2 – 3 coats of colour wash is required to get uniform shade.
- If Cement paint is used as an exterior paints application, the wall surface is first watered thoroughly and is allowed to drain off before its application.
- Paint application is carried over by brush or by roller in criss-cross direction until uniform colour shade is obtained.
- Second coat application should be done only after completion of first coat by at least 24 hours.
- Curing : Curing is required for cement paint walls for a period of 3 – 4 days.
Exterior paints :
- Paints should always be kept ready in stock and confirmed with the recommended and approved brand of paint required to be used at site.
- The procedure is similar to cement paint as mentioned above.
- Apply primer coat as per specification or as per reputed brand manufacture’s instruction.
- Exterior paints of 2nd and 3rd coat is applied over 1st coat does not require any moist curing.
- Durability : The characteristics and advantages of using these paints are thicker coating, greater opacity, more durablility, nonfading, high degree of flexibility and strong adhesive properties.
- Hence it is recommended to go for color combination and mixing of shades, which produces in-between colour shades.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE UPDATES!!!
Work procedure for Exterior paints, Exterior primer, external application, cracks, holes, wall surfaces, crack filling compound, colour wash, uniform shade, Cement paint application, curing, Exterior paint, moist curing, thicker coating, greater opacity, durable, nonfading, high degree of flexibility, strong adhesive properties, in-between shades.